Object Relational Mapping

From: allanwind(at)mediaone(dot)net (Allan M(dot) Wind)
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Object Relational Mapping
Date: 2002-02-17 06:18:00
Lists: pgsql-novice
I was hoping someone could point me to good resources (books, URIs) on
object relational mapping (googled mostly yielded sketchy information
and a reference to "Object-Oriented Modeling and Design for Database
Applications" by Michael Blaha, William Premerlani, William Premerlain).

In particular interested in implementation strategies - If embedding SQL
into your classes is not such a good idea, then what?  What is a good
way to abstract queries (across multiple tables)?  Client side caching
while ensuring data consistency (sounds like reimplemented database
functionality on the client side, is that really a good idea)?

Not looking for anything fancy just an understanding of the issues
involved for implementing small web applications in g++ against
postgresql probably with python and omniorb in the mix somewhere.

Thanks in advance,

/Allan
--
Allan M. Wind
P.O. Box 2022

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Ivan HorvathDate: 2002-02-18 13:36:51