createdb problem

From: Isamary García <is_garci(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: createdb problem
Date: 2002-02-12 20:10:24
Lists: pgsql-bugs
After running the postmaster, and after the command
inidtb has been done successfully, when I try to use
the commands createdb or psql in postgresql, I get the
following message:

FATAL 1:  Database system does not exist.  PGDATA
directory  `/usr/local/pgsql/data` not found.
Normally, you create a database system by running
initdb.

I´ve tried the commands using the opcion "-D
/usr/local/pgsql/data",

In fact, the directory really exists, I don´t know if
it´s a permission problem...

I would appreciate your help

Isamary