Re: A simpler way to configure the source code?

From: Kaare Rasmussen <kar(at)kakidata(dot)dk>
To: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: A simpler way to configure the source code?
Date: 2002-01-30 19:46:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Perl's got one of those too, and I hate it ...

You mean the endless number of questions when making Perl?

No, the Linux kernel has a nice menu based script. It will remember the last
choice if you build more than one time and you only have to choose the areas
you'd like to change.
It's very nice. There's a tk based frontend, I think, and there's extensive
explanation for each point, so you almost always know why you have to choose
on or off even for features you may not know too well.

--
Kaare Rasmussen --Linux, spil,-- Tlf: 3816 2582
Kaki Data tshirts, merchandize Fax: 3816 2501