Bruce Momjian wrote an article about Hardware Tuning, on the 8th of
January 2002, wich is linked from techdocs.postgresql.org
I am DBA in an Open Source company in Paris, France. I wrote a SGML
document on Soft Tuning HOWTO. I use this document on every tuning
session of PostgreSQL customers want.
I am wondering if you could:
* tell me if you are interested in this document
* make a link to my doc (and / or host the document ??)
* correct posible mistakes of language
* have an advice on technical subjects (tell me if I say the truth or
not, if my advices are good or not)=> hackers?
If you are interested in this little contrib, please tell me, I'll send
the SGML source of the document.
I talk about many subjects on HOWTO make a PostgreSQL business databases
For example (not yet in correct order):
* btrees / rtrees and sequence based primary keys => index tree balancing
* vacuum, vaccumdb
* size of tables
* making archive tables to empty production tables
* symbolic links to move tables on different disks
* index or not index on tables? => litle tables should not often be
So, I hope this document to become a Cookbook on HOWTO soft tune a
Bruce wrote the HOWTO Hard tune database, I think this could be put
together to help DBAs.
Jean-Paul ARGUDO IDEALX S.A.S
Consultant bases de données 15-17, av. de Ségur
http://IDEALX.com/ F-75007 PARIS
pgsql-docs by date
|Next:||From: Vince Vielhaber||Date: 2002-01-24 15:42:11|
|Subject: Re: Can I contribute : " Soft Tuning PostgreSQL HOWTO "|
|Previous:||From: Jean-Paul ARGUDO||Date: 2002-01-23 10:49:27|
|Subject: Large Objects|