Re: Declaring constants in PG/PLSQL

From: "Jules Alberts" <julesa(at)arbodienst-limburg(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Declaring constants in PG/PLSQL
Date: 2002-01-21 14:56:34
Lists: pgsql-novice

On 21 Jan 2002 at 22:33, Mark Hesketh wrote:
> Can someone tell me if it's possible to globally scope my constants? How
> do I declare them for reuse? Don't tell me I have to keep definining
> them across all my functions??

(i'm a complete newbie, so if this is too stupid, please ignore)

i don't know if there is a direct way to do this, but a workaround
could be creating a table myconstants with two columns name and value.
or someting like storing the name - value pairs in a textfile and read
that at runtime.

--
Jules Alberts.