Re: libpq++

From: jtv <jtv(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: David Joyner <d4ljoyn(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpq++
Date: 2002-01-21 12:04:25
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 07:16:41PM -0500, David Joyner wrote:
> I agree with you. I guess the person that wrote it is not here to defend
> themselves, so I'll just work around.

Alternatively, you may want to look at libpqxx. Written as a replacement
for libpq++, it has a more modern interface and--knock on wood--addresses
each of the issues discussed here. You lose the "convenience" (and the
inflexibility) of having transactions, connections, and query results all
reside in a single object, and gain the convenience of using exception
handling instead of manual result checking.

You can find it at

http://members.ams.chello.nl/j.vermeulen31/proj-libpqxx.html

I hope someday this could be included in the main PostgreSQL source tree.

Jeroen