Re: oid problem with dumping database (failed sanity check, opr with oid 280515 was not found)

From: "Esger Abbink" <pggeneral(at)bumblebeast(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: oid problem with dumping database (failed sanity check, opr with oid 280515 was not found)
Date: 2002-01-17 09:31:42
Lists: pgsql-general

> "Esger Abbink" <pggeneral(at)bumblebeast(dot)com> writes:
> > i have a problem dumping a db. somewhere along the way pg_dump stops with the following error:
>
> > failed sanity check, opr with oid 280515 was not found
>
> You have an operator whose oprcom, oprnegate, oprlsortop, or oprrsortop
> field points at a no-longer-existing operator. Look in pg_operator for
> the row(s) mentioning that OID and get rid of those operators too.
> (Or, manually set the fields to 0 if you want to keep the operators that
> have the dangling pointers.)
>
> regards, tom lane

It indeed turned out to be a stale reference. Probably the operator was dropped and reloaded without recreating all other referring operators (i guess thats the way to prevent this problem).

Thanks for the hint :)

btw, is there a way to get an overview of all created functions (i assume pg_operator lists all operators and thus all results of CREATE OPERATOR .., where does CREATE FUNCTION .. end up?
(if i missed this in manuals somewhere please save yourself the typing and just point me ;) )

Esger

--
NeoMail - Webmail that doesn't suck... as much.
http://neomail.sourceforge.net