Re: interactive docs

From: Roberto Mello <rmello(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu>
To: Elein <elein(at)nextbus(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: interactive docs
Date: 2002-01-15 06:19:40
Lists: pgsql-docs
On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 05:22:40PM -0800, Elein wrote:

> As a wiki fan, I'm sorry to say I hate the interactive pages.
> They are yet another forum for people who should be asking
> questions in the mailing lists.  They are very distracting.
> If there were a genuine doc note in that mess, I would never
> see it.

Are you volunteering to moderate doc notes? That would mean you'd have to
scan them once in a while and remove questions, directing questioners to
the lists.

> If you were to create a question/answer wiki it would probably
> help a lot of people and ideally people would only really put doc
> notes and examples on the interactive doc pages.

That's what mailing lists are for. Wikis have good uses, but so do mailing
lists.

-Roberto

--
+----| http://fslc.usu.edu/ USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club |------+