Bug #560: ODBC problem at migrating 7.0 to 7.1

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug #560: ODBC problem at migrating 7.0 to 7.1
Date: 2002-01-11 13:45:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Sndor, Vig (sandor(dot)vig(at)audi(dot)hu) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
ODBC problem at migrating 7.0 to 7.1

Long Description
I wrote an application (in Borland CBuilder) that uses ODBC to access
a DB. First I used Psql 6.5, then 7.0 without any problem. Than I
have upgraded PostgreSQL and there were a lot of problems. (f.e.:
sometimes a query lost aprox. half of its records) Then I made a
refresh and there was everything OK. But most anoying was, that all
the writing functions (Update, Delete) was impossible to execute.
Error message: Unable to execute statement, becouse the table is not
uniqely indexed. (So far...) I didn't changed anything in the
database, and I made a backup/restore before activating the 7.1
version. I tried to configure the ODBC driver, but it was just
impossible to solve this problem. Than I made a "downgrade" back to
7.0 and there was everything all rigtht. The server is an AIX 4.3.3.
machine (IBM SP2) and I used PostgreSQL 7.1. downloaded from
www.bull.de/pub.

Sample Code
I'm using standard CBuilder Database objects, without any "tricks".
I can't send you any special code.

No file was uploaded with this report

pgsql-bugs by date