7.1 vs. 7.2 on AIX 5L

From: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 7.1 vs. 7.2 on AIX 5L
Date: 2002-01-09 01:35:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I have made a new version of pgbench which allows not to update
branches and tellers tables, which should significantly reduce the
contentions. (See attached patches against current. Note that the
paches also includes changes removing CHECKPOINT command while
running in initialization mode (pgbench -i)). With the patches you
could specify -N option not to update branches and tellers tables.

With the new pgbench, I ran a test with current and 7.1 and saw
not-so-small differences. Any idea to get better performance on 7.2
and AIX 5L combo?

7.2 with lwlock.patch rev.2
7.1.3
AIX 5L 4way with 4GB RAM
testing script is same as my previous postings (except -N for pgbench,
of course).

Attachment Content-Type Size
image/png 6.7 KB