Bug #553: Error Vacuuming and restoring a DataBase

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug #553: Error Vacuuming and restoring a DataBase
Date: 2002-01-04 23:02:21
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Miguel Juan (miqueljuan(at)inicia(dot)es) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
Error Vacuuming and restoring a DataBase

Long Description
Hi.

About two months ago I sent here a message reporting a error while vacuuming a large table (near a million registers) with Postgresql 7.1.2 and Tom Lane suggest to upgrade the version to 7.1.3 so I did it on another computer but when I try to restore the database into this computer I get the same errors that I get with the "vacuum" command.

The error only appears with large tables. As far I know, with tables under 200.000 registers works fine. It looks like an error managing big transactions (I use the COPY xxx FROM stdin; command)

I can make the restore process if I use a pgDump with proper Insert Strings option (one INSERT for each register) but it takes a long, long , long time to restore the whole database.

Regards

Miguel Juan

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report