Re: More problem with scripts

From: Brent Verner <brent(at)rcfile(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: More problem with scripts
Date: 2002-01-03 19:51:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers
[2002-01-03 14:19] Bruce Momjian said:

| Actually, we can just do:
|
| >      *)
| >      dbname=$1
| >      [ "$#" -ne 1 ] && usage=1
|
| Meaning if they have anything after the dbname, it is an error.  This
| catches flags _after_ the dbname.  Seems most of the script have this
| problem.  If people want it fixed, I can easily do it;  just give me to
| go-ahead.

+1

  I can't see a reason to /not/ fix something this simple for the 7.2
release.  In general, I think it's best to fix things like this[1]
"on sight" as opposed to queueing them in TODO where they /might/ sit
untouched through another release cycle.

[1] meaning problems that require little effort to fix, and whose
    solutions are /very/ localized.

cheers.
  brent

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman