Re: software license question

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Ned Wolpert <ned(dot)wolpert(at)knowledgenet(dot)com>
Cc: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: software license question
Date: 2002-01-03 01:17:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Ned Wolpert wrote:

Checking application/pgp-signature: FAILURE
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> I'm not sure its a problem.  The source code already contains the
> copyright, and this only affects the JDBC driver.  Perhaps we just need
> to put in the JDBC driver readme file that parts were provided by
> Exolab?
>
> I guess, it all depends on who defines "due credit".  The code was
> submitted by Assaf Arkin <arkin(at)exoffice(dot)com>.  Who gets to ask?

To make things even more complex, the newer BSD copyright doesn't have a
"due credit" clause.  See the COPYRIGHT file at the top of our source
tree.

I suppose the copyright at the top of the file, and perhaps in the jdbc
README is enough.