Re: Status on RC1?

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Status on RC1?
Date: 2001-12-21 06:51:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> There is doc/HISTORY, and doc/src/sgml/release.sgml which needs to be
> merged. We *should* be generating doc/HISTORY from the release.sgml
> source, but we apparently have never started doing that. Next release,
> we really should since the sgml docs could and should be the definitive
> source for this kind of information.
>
> For now, someone will need to hand-merge the contents of doc/HISTORY
> back into the sgml source file.

I have indicated the places where things should come from the HISTORY
file to release.sgml.  It would be nice to make it automatic.  I think
the problem we had was that ASCII output from SGML is kind of hard to
tweek to look good.

Whenever you want to get started, just cut-paste them over.  If you can
give me a little warning, I will make sure HISTORY is up to date with
CVS.  I know it is pretty close now.