Re: SunOS patch for memcmp()

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>, PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SunOS patch for memcmp()
Date: 2001-12-19 19:01:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > > What should we do? The only remaining issue is a non-8-bit-clean
> > > memcmp, which seems pretty easy to fix it.
> >
> > OK, here is a patch to allow SunOS to pass the regression tests.
>
> At a glance, this patch looks okay. However, since this issue does not
> represent a regression from 7.1 I'm not exactly in favor of installing it
> now. We want to get a release out, so I think we need to get stricter in
> those matters. And this patch is not exactly trivial.

I have attached the patch without the autoconf run and without the new
memcmp.c file. Looks pretty small to me, but I understand.

If we don't want the patch, I will put it on an FTP site somewhere.
However, the configure line numbers changes will be tough to keep
working if a subrelease changes configure.

It seemed worth it to me because it was to enable another port, and I
thought that is what beta was for. Maybe I can put it in a minor
release.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us

Attachment Content-Type Size