Re: Thoughts on the location of configuration files, how

From: Daniel Kalchev <daniel(at)digsys(dot)bg>
To: "Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>
Cc: "PostgreSQL Development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Thoughts on the location of configuration files, how
Date: 2001-12-19 10:53:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers
>>>"Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" said:
 >
 > > I think the data directory should be explicitly configured by either the
 > > posgresql.conf file, environment variable (PGDATA), or through the command
      line
 > > option, but using the "configure" statedir isn't anything
 > > anyone would object too.
 >
 > Changing the default data location at this point would imho be a major hassl
 > for those actually using the default.
 > Thus I object to changing it.

The idea is to have the default configuration file location possible to change
at configure time. If whoever compiles PostgreSQL does not specify different
location, I guess /usr/local/pgsql/data will be the default location.

Daniel

pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: Jussi MikkolaDate: 2001-12-19 11:00:03