Re: 7.2 is slow?

From: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: hannu(at)tm(dot)ee
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.2 is slow?
Date: 2001-12-17 09:26:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > BTW, I have done some benchmarking using pgbench on this machine and
> > found that 7.2 is almost two times slower than 7.1.
>
> Is this an AIX specific problem or do all/all SMP/all 4way computers
> have it ?

Not sure. As far as I can tell, nobody except me has tested 7.2 on big
boxes.

> Is this a bug that needs to be addresse before release of final ?

I hope this would be solved before final. At least I would like to
know what's going on.

Anyway, I will do some testings on a smaller machine (that is my
laptop) to see if I see the same performance degration on it.
--
Tatsuo Ishii