Multiple '<>' on OR condition not working

From: Francisco Reyes <lists(at)natserv(dot)com>
To: Pgsql Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Multiple '<>' on OR condition not working
Date: 2001-12-09 19:31:16
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have a query with the 'where' conditions as follows:
where he.horse = comp.horse and he.fd = comp.fd and
(
comp.cm_start <> he.lstart or
comp.cm_win <> he.lwin or
comp.cm_place <> he.lplace or
comp.cm_show <> he.lshow or
comp.cm_earnings <> he.learnings
)
and extract(year from lstat_date) >2000 and lstart < 20 limit 30;

The part that is not working is the series of 'or'. I have two tables for
which most records are the same; I looking for differences.

What I am getting from the query above is identical records matched (i.e.
horse,fd, start, win, place, show and earnings are the same).

Any suggestions?