Bug #532: backend crashes due to segmentation fault

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug #532: backend crashes due to segmentation fault
Date: 2001-12-08 16:42:47
Lists: pgsql-bugs

yaniv hamo (hamo(at)cs(dot)technion(dot)ac(dot)il) reports a bug with a severity of 1

Short Description
backend crashes due to segmentation fault

Long Description

After 3 hours of trying to figure out why my backend cannot stand
on its feet for more than 20 seconds, I had to go into the code,
there i saw, in line 183 of database.c the following line:

for (i = 0; i <= max; i++)

Running from 0 to max INCLUSIVE, caused the segmentation fault.
I fixed it to for (i = 0; i < max; i++)
and it works.
i have PostgreSQL v 7.0.2 , maybe you fixed it in later versions.
Have a nice day,
Yaniv

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report