Re: which physical file does postgreSQL stores data?

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: Serkan BEKTA? <sbektas(at)karincaint(dot)com(dot)tr>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: which physical file does postgreSQL stores data?
Date: 2001-12-03 13:53:53
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 02:35:01PM +0200, Serkan BEKTA? wrote:
> which physical file does postgreSQL stores data?
> eg.Interbase stores data in a .gdb file....

No single file. Each database has a directory and each
table/index/sequence/etc is represented by a file. In the future it may be
possible to place different tables in different directories but AFAIK that's
not possible yet.

--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/