Using temp tables with web apps (No State)

From: Danny Aldham <danny(at)lennon(dot)postino(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Using temp tables with web apps (No State)
Date: 2001-11-30 05:30:32
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have inherited a web application that uses a lot of temporary tables.
I have modified some of the code so that the tables are truly postgres
temp tables. But the temporary tables that need to exist between web
accesses cannot be temp tables, or the second access fails.
(Example. A query that returns 100 rows, and the web user sees 10
at a time) I am wondering if anyone has a decent method of cleaning up
these temporary tables after use.
I am considering creating a table called Temp_Tables, and inserting the
name of the temp_tables into it, and having a cron job read Temp_Tables
for a list of temp_tables to drop. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

--
Danny Aldham Providing Certified Internetworking Solutions to Business
www.postino.com E-Mail, Web Servers, Web Databases, SQL PHP & Perl