Re: Call for platform testing

From: Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>
To: thomas(at)pgsql(dot)com
Subject: Re: Call for platform testing
Date: 2001-11-28 15:25:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org> [011128 08:28]:
> > I've upgraded to OpenUNIX 8, and all is well.
> > It probably passes on UW 7 as well, but I can no longer test it.
>
> I'm not familiar with SCO products. Is OU 8 the successor to UW 7, or is
> it a different product line? Do I need two entries in the list? I'm
> still not clear on the differences between that and OpenServer 5 (other
> than version of course) and whether that should (still) be listed as
> "untested and possibly unsupported".
OU8 is UW 7 + LKP (Linux Kernel Personality) + Bug Fixes.

OSR5 is the old Sco 3.2 stuff, and is a totally different
beast/codeset.

> Hmm. Looking at Caldera's web site, it lists all three as separate
> products :(
>
> If these product lines are feature-compatible, could we just list "SCO"
> as supported, and in the comments mention "tested on OpenUnix 8"?
I would POSSIBLY combine OU8 and UW7, but NOT OSR5.

--
Larry Rosenman http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
Phone: +1 972-414-9812 E-Mail: ler(at)lerctr(dot)org