Developers FAQ (was:Re: Packaging 7.1.1)

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Rachit Siamwalla <rachit(at)ensim(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Developers FAQ (was:Re: Packaging 7.1.1)
Date: 2001-11-28 00:26:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday 27 November 2001 01:27 pm, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have added this to the developer's FAQ.

> > I then download and build on as many different canonical distributions
> > as I can -- currently I am able to build on Red Hat 6.2, 7.0, and 7.1 on
> > my personal hardware.  Occasionally I receive opportunity from certain
> > commercial enterprises such as Great Bridge and PostgreSQL Inc to build
> > on other distributions.

Hmmm.  Bruce, would it be possible to put a date on that entry, as that
answer has some fairly old information -- old as in last cycle.  I currently
am only able to build and test on Red Hat 7.2 -- and that is subject to
change as time goes on.  Maybe, in the FAQ, where you say 'Written by Lamar
Owen' you could expound that a little by adding 'on May 4 2001'  (or whenever
I actually wrote it)....

BTW: I believe those new sections are very nice, even if I did write two of
them.... :-)
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio