Re: ODBC changes

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC changes
Date: 2001-11-28 00:15:49
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> > I believe you are commenting about this in md5.h:
> >
> > #ifdef WIN32
> > #define MD5_ODBC
> > #define FRONTEND
> > #endif
> >
> > Yes, not sure this makes sense anymore because Hiroshi added win_md5.c
> > which defines those and then includes md5.c. Hiroshi, should this part
> > be removed?
>
> #define MD5_ODBC in md5.h is useless from the first
> because md5.h isn't #included unless MD5_ODBC is #defined.
> I don't know about FRONTEND. Usually I don't use win32.mak
> to compile the driver. It seems Dave doesn't use it either.
> The extra two -D(/D) compile options seem too heavy only
> for md5.c, so I added win_md5.c to avoid my mistake. Note
> that md5.c is used directly under *nixes.

OK, I am applying the following patch. Instead of using -D in each
compile script, Hiroshi has used win_md5.c to define what he needs and
then include md5.c.

With this method, the test in md5.h is no longer needed.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/plain 505 bytes