pgsql/doc/src/sgml datatype.sgml func.sgml

From: momjian(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql/doc/src/sgml datatype.sgml func.sgml
Date: 2001-11-20 15:42:44
Lists: pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:	/cvsroot
Module name:	pgsql
Changes by:	momjian(at)postgresql(dot)org	01/11/20 10:42:44

Modified files:
	doc/src/sgml   : datatype.sgml func.sgml

Log message:
	I've created a new section to func.sgml, "Binary String Functions and
	Operators", plagiarized shamelessly from the "String Functions and
	Operators" section. There were enough differences that it made sense (at
	least to me) to give this its own section instead of cramming it in with
	normal string functions. This way I could also make the examples
	relevant, which is particularly important for bytea.

	One thing I think worth mentioning: while documenting the trim()
	function I realized that I never implemented the bytea equivalent of
	rtrim and ltrim. Therefore, the 'leading' and 'trailing' forms of trim,
	available with text, are not available with bytea (I'd be happy to
	correct this, but since it would require an initdb, I guess not until
	7.3) -- the submitted doc accurately reflects this.

	I will look for other areas of the docs that need mention of bytea, but
	any guidance would be much appreciated.

	--

	Here's a second bytea documentation patch. This one significantly
	expands the "Binary Data" section added by Bruce recently.

	Joe Conway

pgsql-committers by date

Next:From: momjianDate: 2001-11-20 15:50:53