Re: [Solution] PG 7.1.3 & MacOS X (10.1)

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Chris Ruprecht <chrup999(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Russ McBride <Russ(at)psyex(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, Moritz Gmelin <moritz(dot)gmelin(at)gmx(dot)de>, pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Solution] PG 7.1.3 & MacOS X (10.1)
Date: 2001-11-12 16:50:22
Lists: pgsql-adminpgsql-ports
> Hi Tom,
>
> Thank you very much for the good news! I was able to compile 7.2b2
> the other day and got it to work, too, with the patches Russ has
> described. But I don't want to be running beta software on my
> production box right now - I'm sure you can understand that ;-). Any
> indication when 7.2 Final will be coming out? A X-Mas present, maybe?

I am pushing for a pre-Christmas final and I think it is probable,
particularly because beta is going so well.

> Something completely different: I believe GreatBridge is no longer.
> Who is the driving force behind the further development of PostGreSQL
> right now - and if some of you guys do this full time, what is your
> motivation and how do you survive?

I have a full-time job with a PostgreSQL support company in Japan called
SRA.  Others are continuing to work as they did before being employed by
a PostgreSQL company and weighing options.  GB never steered PostgreSQL.
We continue as a primarily volunteer effort as we have in the past.