From: "amp " <amp(at)foomonkey(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2001-11-12 16:04:54
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,

I have a new linux system running RedHat 7.2. The Postgreqsl installation I have is the one that came with RH. I downloaded all the pdfs for Administration, Programmer, Tutorial, etc. I am trying to write a simple C program to use the database I just created. My command line looks like this:

gcc -Wall -o test1 test1.c

>From this, I get a long list of 'Undefined Reference' errors for any function that starts with 'PQ'.

I assume I am missing a library or something. I am new to Linux programming (although I am an experienced C/C++ programmer under windows).

What am I missing? Thanks in advance.

Andrew Pierce

  • Re: at 2001-11-12 17:53:56 from John Burski