Re: MD5-based passwords

From: Ned Wolpert <wolpert(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: psql-jdbc <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: MD5-based passwords
Date: 2001-11-08 19:51:00
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Well, if we're talking about 7.2 versus 7.3, I'd rather see them in the
7.2 release. If, however, we're talking about 7.2 version 7.2.x, then
we may want to wait until 7.2.x.

(For things like the Pooling and jdbc2 compliance stuff I'm working on, I
see that as 7.3 either way. But these things are more basic.)

--- Dave Cramer <Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net> wrote:
> We have quite a few code changes which I am unsure about at this point.
> There are quite a few contributions which are coming in right now. I am
> unclear as to how to handle the 7.2/7.3 thing
>
> I don't want to lose momentum, but I also don't want to put out buggy
> code?
>
> A number of the contributions are implementations of the driver which
> didn't exist before. Since none of the core code is being modified, I am
> tending towards adding them as they com in?
>
> The contributions that I am aware of include
>
> MD5 passwords
> Exported/Imported keys
> Fixes to getTables
>
> Suggestions?