Re: Broken pipes 2

From: schemy(at)freesurf(dot)fr
To: "mike sears" <matrix(at)quadrent(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Broken pipes 2
Date: 2001-10-28 23:41:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello, I am using Apache 1.3.19, PHP 4.0.6 and postgres 7.1.3 .

I am embedding SQL transactions in PHP code in a "for" ;

for ( $i = 0 ; $i < $nbPlaces ; $i++ ) {
echo "i=$i";

$result = pg_exec( $database,"BEGIN ;
SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE;

CREATE VIEW TICKETCHERCHE as select min(NumTicket) FROM TICKET WHERE
TICKET.NumEvenement = '$numEvenement' AND TICKET.EtatPlace = '1' AND
TICKET.numticket=IDTICKET.numticket AND
IDTICKET.idgroupe=GROUPETICKET.idgroupe AND GroupeTicket.IdBatiment =
'$idBatiment' AND IDTICKET.IdGroupe = '$idGroupe' ;

INSERT INTO DETAILPANIER( numticket, numevenement, numPanier ) VALUES(
TICKETCHERCHE.MIN,'$numEvenement', '$panier' ) ;

UPDATE TICKET SET EtatPlace = '0' WHERE TICKET.NumEvenement =
'$numEvenement' AND TICKET.EtatPlace = '1' AND GROUPETICKET.IdBatiment =
'$idBatiment' AND IDTICKET.IdGroupe = '$idGroupe' AND
NUMTICKET=TICKETCHERCHE.MIN ;

DROP VIEW TICKETCHERCHE ;
COMMIT ;") ;

echo "result=$result<br>";
}
but sometimes , i have errors :

pq_flush: send() failed: Connection reset by peer
NOTICE: Adding missing FROM-clause entry in subquery for table
"groupeticket"
pq_flush: send() failed: Broken pipe
pq_flush: send() failed: Broken pipe
pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection

I would like to What are these functions first ?
Why these errors appears sometimes and not all the time ?
And when i put the same code on two diffrents PC, one works and the second
have those errors , it is very strange .

Thanks
Thierry

mike sears crit:

> Recently I've been noticing a lot of odd errors in our postgres logs, that involves a great deal of broken pipes and pq_recvbuf entries. I only noticed this when tables were not being created and am not sure what exactly is going on.
>
> this is just a small bit of what keeps popping up in my logs, and if someone could help explain whats going on would be greatly apreciated.
>
> NOTICE: CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence 'faq_id_seq' for SERIAL column 'faq.id'
> NOTICE: CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index 'faq_pkey' for table 'faq'
> DEBUG: ProcessUtility: create table faq(id serial, ref int8, body text, status char(1) DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL, primary key(id));
> pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection
> pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection
> pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection
> pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection
> pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection
> pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection
> pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection
> pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection
> pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection
> pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection
> pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection
> DEBUG: ProcessUtility: create table faq(id serial, ref int8, body text, status char(1) DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL, primary key(id));
> DEBUG: ProcessUtility: create table faq(id serial, ref int8, body text, status char(1) DEFAULT 'N' NOT NULL, primary key(id));
> pq_flush: send() failed: Broken pipe
> pq_recvbuf: recv() failed: Broken pipe
>

> Mike

Abbondanza Thierry