Installing PostgreSQL

From: Daniel Bautista <dnbautista(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Installing PostgreSQL
Date: 2001-10-26 22:15:46
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi again!

Fistly, thanks to all the members who helped me to
decide what version of Postgre I should choose.

I have decided to download the PostgreSQL 7.1.3, as
many of you adviced me. I have already unzipped it.

The first question is: what is the difference between
the tar.gz which is in /pub/postgre7.1.3 and the one
which is in /pub/source/postgre7.1.3?

Well, as you can see, I am really novice in linux.
Could any of you tell me what steps I must make to
install PostgreSQL?

Thanks again.