Re: Python interface and Money?

From: darcy(at)druid(dot)net (D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain)
To: thomas(at)pgsql(dot)com
Cc: jmcgraw(at)databill(dot)com (Joel Mc Graw), pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Python interface and Money?
Date: 2001-10-25 11:49:30
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Thus spake Thomas Lockhart
> > > While browsing the mailing list for an answer to this problem I found
> > > several references to the money type being deprecated.  Is that the
> > > problem?
> > They keep saying that DECIMAL should be used instead but they are not
> > exactly equivalent.  The MONEY type was originally written with locale
> > support and displays the local currency symbol.
>
> Hmm. If we keep the money type then we should change the internal
> implementation to use numeric or decimal or at least int64 instead of
> int32. Comments?

Definitely int64.  Originally I wrote it as long for portability but I
think that the time has come to assume that everything that PostgreSQL
runs on can support 64 bit.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy(at){druid|vex}.net>   |  Democracy is three wolves

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: D'Arcy J.M. CainDate: 2001-10-25 11:56:50