Re: Which mx RPM do you have for postgresql-python?

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Kevin Cole <kjcole(at)gri(dot)gallaudet(dot)edu>, <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Which mx RPM do you have for postgresql-python?
Date: 2001-10-24 22:04:14
Lists: pgsql-ports

On Friday 19 October 2001 10:49 am, Kevin Cole wrote:
> When I install/upgrade the PostgreSQL RPM's, all of them work fine
> except postgresql-python. It complains about an unsatisfied dependency:
> no "mx". However, I have installed the RPM for egenix-mx-base... Is
> there some other mx that I should be using? Or does the RPM spec file
> need to be fixed at your end?

Hmmmmm......

> If anyone on this list is using the postgresql-python RPM, and has
> satisfied the dependency the right way, could you do "rpm -qi mx" to
> tell me where you got it?

Name : mx Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version : 2.0.1 Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release : 1 Build Date: Mon 25 Jun 2001
01:10:02 AM EDT
Install date: Mon 17 Sep 2001 06:14:35 PM EDT Build Host:
porky.devel.redhat.com
Group : Development/Libraries Source RPM: mx-2.0.1-1.src.rpm
Size : 2617141 License: eGenix.com Public
License (Python)
Packager : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
Description :
The mx extensions for Python are a collection of Python software tools
which enhance Python's usability in many areas.

Hot off the Red Hat 7.2 presses.

> (Apparently overriding the dependency with a --nodeps works okay, but
> I'd like to avoid that if possible.)

The dependency is currently declared by name. Can you do a quick
rpm -q --provides
for the egenix-mx-base package and mail me the results?

It seems to be the same package with a different name -- an unfortunate
condition.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio