Re: Sequence problems during restart

From: Masaru Sugawara <rk73(at)echna(dot)ne(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Sequence problems during restart
Date: 2001-10-23 14:12:07
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 14:58:59 -0400
"Dave Cramer" <Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net> wrote:

> How does this fix my problem?
>
> It appears like the sequence was generated properly, but possible not
> written to disk at shutdown time.
>
> There is some additional information here. We did an upgrade of glibc
> just before the restart

Hi,

I took your words in the wrong sense, and gave an
answer to your question of a method controlling the
id like a cyclic sequence. If your problem seems to
have been strongly caused by the upgrade of glibc,
a re-install of the PG will lead to a desirable result.
Sorry I couldn't help you.

Regards,
Masaru Sugawara