Re: Please help - tks

From: Brett Schwarz <brett_schwarz(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Mr OCP <mr_ocp(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Please help - tks
Date: 2001-10-18 16:31:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

A quick and dirty solution would be something like (untested):

while read line; do
psql dbname -c "update table ... use 'line' as your id and data"
sleep 5
done < filename

where "filename" is the file with the ids in it. "dbname" is the name of your DB (of course!)

I am not sure what your file looks like, but you can do something like this. It could be easy, or harder, depending on what your file has.

adjust the sleep to your own specs.

--brett

P.S.

You could test this out by doing:

while read line; do
psql dbname -c "select * from table where id=$line"
sleep 5
done < filename