Some help would be nice

From: FRANCIS MATHIAS BEKEMA <francisb(at)deakin(dot)edu(dot)au>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Some help would be nice
Date: 2001-10-11 05:52:20
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
I have installed the latest version of cygwin, cygipc,
and postgresql on my win98 machine.  Postgres
builds fine.  The following commands are all
successfull:

ipc-daemon &
initdb
postmaster -i &

When I try to create the database using "createdb -h
localhost testdb", I get the following error:

pq_flush: send() failed: Invalid argument
pq_recvbuf: recv() failed: The descriptor is a file,
not a socket
psql: pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel
unexpectedly.
        This probably means the backend terminated
abnormally
        before or while processing the request.
createdb: database creation failed

Can anyone help?

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Henshall, Stuart - WCPDate: 2001-10-11 08:02:07