Re: Postgresql 7.1.3 on Win98

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: Sushil Kumar <skumar7777(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-Cygwin <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgresql 7.1.3 on Win98
Date: 2001-10-05 13:51:44
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Sushil,

In the future, please post to pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org instead of
sending private email, so others can benefit too.

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 09:08:43PM +0530, Sushil Kumar wrote:
> I have been trying to install Postgresql 7.1.3 thru Cygwin under Win98.
> The docs say that it is not supported but do give a reference to
> mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net(dot) I tried to contact this person but got no response.
>
> Have you succeeded in getting Postgresql to run on Win98?

I have succeeded in running PostgreSQL under Windows 98 about a year ago,
but I haven't tried recently. Since I don't have any 9x/Me machines I
cannot pursue this further.

> In my case the postmaster does run but I cannot connect thru psql though I
> use the -h localhost option with psql and start pg_ctl with -o -i.

Are you experiencing the same problem as the attached? If so, then please
work with the others (on the pgsql-cygwin list) who are experiencing this
9x/Me, Cygwin socket problem to try to solve it.

Thanks,
Jason