Re: [HACKERS] CVS changes

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>, Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] CVS changes
Date: 2001-10-02 03:40:09
Lists: pgsql-docspgsql-hackers
On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > <li><a href="http://candle.pha.pa.us/main/writings/pgsql/sgml">SGML docs
> > > updated every half-hour</a>
> >
> > Ya know, if I'm required to wait 12 hours for *any* source code build to
> > be available to my CVSup'd repository, why should we slap in a bunch of
> > short circuits for the docs? And if this is a valuable thing to do, why
> > short circuit the docs building procedure I've already got on the main
> > machines by pointing the web site off to some other machine?
> >
> > fwiw, one docs building procedure, either ~thomas's, or ~petere's new
> > one, or ~bruce's should be sufficient imho.
> >
> > Since we all seem to be heading off in different directions, we should
> > talk about why that is necessary and try to get headed somewhere
> > productively imho.
>
> I did it because the doc build was down and it was supposedly holding up
> beta.  I do think we need more frequent doc builds than 24 hours though.

Since when doe sa doc build, or docs of any kind, hold up beta?  docs are
'fluid' up until a week before release,as they have always been ...

last I heard from petere, there were tools that need to be installed, and
were installed, ont eh server for the builds ... Peter, did I miss
something in that, or was it just waiting for ftp.postgresql.org to be on
the new server?