Re: cvs problem

From: Sean Chittenden <sean-pgsql-hackers(at)chittenden(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>, Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: cvs problem
Date: 2001-10-02 05:07:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> > The one thing I can't check is the anoncvs directory.  Not sure if that
> > is the same as the CVS directory.
>
> It is the anoncvs server that's broken.  The committers don't seem to be
> having any problem with accesses to the primary server.  I suspect that
> there's a umask or group-membership issue on the anoncvs machine only.

Ack!  Before everyone under the sun claims to have found a problem: the
user that the anon cvs pserver is running under can't create lock files
in the src dirs inline w/ the code).  A few things can happen:

1)  Add the cvs pserver user to the pgsql group and add write privs to
the dirs for the user (chmod -R g+w *)

2)  Add a LockDir in the cvs config.

  cvs co CVSROOT
  cd CVSROOT
  echo "LockDir /tmp/cvsroot" >> config
  cvs ci -m "Adding a central lock dir to the anoncvs server" config
  mkdir /tmp/cvsroot
  chmod 1777 /tmp/cvsroot
  chown root.wheel /tmp/cvsroot

  I think that should do it...  -sc