persistent vs. non-persistent

From: Martín Marqués <martin(at)bugs(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: persistent vs. non-persistent
Date: 2001-10-01 21:38:17
Lists: pgsql-php

I'm having headaches with PHP, postgres and persistent connections.

The problem is that my postgres backends stay alive after closing the
connection.

I use pg_pconnect to connect to the database, put after closing the
conection, nothing happens, la backend stays alive, and all I can do is
restart apache to make them close (really close).

Any solution to this?

I'm on Solairs, Apache 1.3.14, PHP 4.0.6, PostgreSQL 7.1.2, I have persistent
connections enabled in PHP, and a max of 3 persistent connections.

Saludos... :-)

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?