Re: Preparation for Beta

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Preparation for Beta
Date: 2001-10-01 20:28:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Monday 01 October 2001 04:13 pm, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > the only changes to directory schemes is:
> >         /var/spool/ftp/* for anon ftp
> >         /usr/local/www/www for web stuff
> > directory structures under each should still be as they always were ...

> But they aren't (or didn't seem to be). "find" couldn't find any
> instance of the docs, unpacked or otherwise.

Ok, apparently there's some confusion as to what host does what.

Marc, can you provide a list of host with their functions? For instance, in
my case of uploading RPMset's tothe master ftp site, to where do I ssh, to
what directory to I go, etc.  The same thing is true for CVS, web, etc.

Ie, do I still upload to hub.org:/home/projects/pgsql/ftp/pub/binary for the
RPM's?  I'm a fairly experienced sysadmin, and I'm a little confused at the
new setup -- although the files are still on hub.org where they have always
been, is it still the master for the ftp site, or?

A map of the developer _sites_ would be a good addition to the developer's
corner, IMHO, unless people have security concerns that would prevent that.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio