Re: developer's faq

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: developer's faq
Date: 2001-10-01 16:51:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > The pgsql CVS, not the www CVS:
> >
> > $ ls pgsql/doc/src/FAQ
> > CVS/ FAQ_DEV.html FAQ_japanese.html
> > FAQ.html FAQ_german.html
> >
> > I copy them to the web directory like the platform-specific FAQ's.
>
> So you renamed it to faq-dev-english... Ok. I can get that out.

See copyfaq script for copy renames. I have one i my home directory
that I use to copy from my local CVS while you have one too.

> > > I'm already getting a few things out of cvs now (TODO and flowchard are
> > > a couple) for the developer site. WebCVS will be there whenever SOMEONE
> > > gets around to some configuration changes I requested.
> >
> > TODO should not be in the www CVS either. That is generated by txt2html
> > and I copy that to www too.
>
> I'm trying to get everything as automated as possible without having to
> depend on any one person which is why I'm going into cvs to get it. If
> it doesn't belong in cvs, then why is it still there? More importantly
> if it's not going to be there, where will it be? Should we put it in
> the database?

Not sure about TODO. I don't see it in my www CVS copy here. It is a
funny file because it is generated from the text TODO file in the pgsql
cvs. I can put the script I use with txt2html to generate it.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us