Re: PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT by mapping WAL FILES

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Janardhana Reddy <jana-reddy(at)mediaring(dot)com(dot)sg>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT by mapping WAL FILES
Date: 2001-10-01 15:44:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Sounds good. Keep us posted. This will probably not make it into 7.2
but can be added to 7.3. We can perhaps conditionally use your code in
place of what is there. I have also looked at reducing the write() size
for WAL secondary writes. That will have to wait for 7.3 too because we
are so near beta.