Re: ftp.postgresql.org points to new server ...

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-core(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ftp.postgresql.org points to new server ...
Date: 2001-09-30 22:12:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> now that the 18gig is in place and I have space once more to work,
> ftp.postgresql.org now points at the new server (~ftp for those that
> login) ... let me know if there are any problems ...

I wonder if we should be allowing people to use non-anonymous ftp.  There is
no password protection there.  I use scp and like it a lot.  It is less
interactive than ftp but is easier to automate in scripts.

I believe Peter's issue is that the web server is on a different machine
from our accounts and there is no way to get the SGML output into the
web server.  I have created an HTML copy of the SGML here so that should
work for people.