Re: New To PostgreSQL

From: Andrew Gould <andrewgould(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Tom Ince <tince(at)acsinc-nj(dot)com>, "PostgreSQL-General \(E-mail\)" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New To PostgreSQL
Date: 2001-09-27 18:48:24
Lists: pgsql-general
MySQL's syntax for the UPDATE SQL statement does not
allow for the use of multiple tables.  You cannot
update existing records in one table with data from
another using SQL statements at the interactive
prompt.  There are work-arounds; but I they are both
incovenient and very inefficient.  Fixing this has
been on their todo list for a very long time; but
without any priority.

This was the most significant reason I switched from
MySQL to PostgreSQL.  There are other great reasons
switch; but I am a newbie and didn't know what they
were at the time.   ;-)

Best of luck,

Andrew Gould