Re: Please help

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: Ales Vojacek <alesv(at)fbl(dot)cz>
Cc: Pgsql-Cygwin <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Please help
Date: 2001-09-25 14:29:45
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Ales,

In the future, please post to pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org instead of
sending private email, so others can benefit too.

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 04:08:06PM +0200, Ales Vojacek wrote:
> I'm trying to start postgres on cygwin, instal looks good, but when I'm try
> to psql -l it does retrieve nothing.
> When I start psql template1 and type \l it does retrieve nothing.
> when I type \dS it does retrieve nothing.
> What I did wrong.

I don't know because you did not supply enough information. Did you
build PostgreSQL yourself or are you using the pre-built one that is
part of Cygwin? If the pre-built one, did you read the README file?

/usr/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-7.1.3.README

What version of Cygwin are you using? Did you start ipc-daemon? Did
you start postmaster? Are you getting any error messages? If so, then
please post them to:

pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org

Remember the goal is to try to make it as *easy* as possible for those
trying to assist you when soliciting for help. Making people guess is
*not* an effective way to get help.

Jason