dynasets

From: Jim Hines <jhines(at)wdtv(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: dynasets
Date: 2001-09-14 18:03:19
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,
I am currently evaluating a new charactor generator system for a television
station for which I work. The system runs on WinNT 4.0. It's called a
Pinnacle FX-Deko unit and it quite nice. However, one thing this system MUST
do in order to be of any use to us is to access our already existing
PostgreSQL database through ODBC.

The FXDeko s/w does indeed find my PostgreSQL database and all the
tables/fields, but when I try accessing the data, I get an error that states:
"DRIVER DOES NOT SUPPORT DYNASETS."

I've done a bit of research on dynasets and from what it seems, this is a
Microsoft extension that is only supported via Visual Basic, Visual C++ and
Access.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this thing to work without using
dynasets?

thanks,
--
Jim Hines