Bug #447: lost connection to back end

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug #447: lost connection to back end
Date: 2001-09-11 11:23:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Terry Hughes (terryhughes(at)kirkcudbright(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk) reports a bug with a severity of 3

Short Description
lost connection to back end

Long Description
If I do a select in psql with a fairly large number of rows expected to be returned , i get a message to say that the connection to the back end has been terminated.

If i use a where clause to reduce the number of rows returned then all is well.

Is this a bug or is something in the documentation that I have missed.

Thanks Terry

Sample Code
select ref from geneoligy; Fails
select ref from geneoligy where ref like '1%' is OK

No file was uploaded with this report

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: pgsql-bugsDate: 2001-09-11 12:11:36