pgsql/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/test/ ...

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/test/ ...
Date: 2001-09-10 14:54:22
Lists: pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:	/home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot
Module name:	pgsql
Changes by:	scrappy(at)hub(dot)org	01/09/10 10:54:22

Modified files:
	src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/test/jdbc2:
	                                               ConnectionTest.java

Log message:
	Attached is a patch that fixes
	ConnectionTest.testTransactionIsolation() in the JDBC driver's
	test suite. This reduces the number of failures of the test
	suite from 7 to 6. The patch fixes the test case itself, rather
	than the driver.

	In addition to the change described in my posting below, I fixed
	the part of the test with autocommit enabled. The author of the
	test assumed that setting the transaction isolation level would
	have no effect, but in fact it does. Perhaps the test case
	worked with pre-7.1 behaviour, when the JDBC driver set the
	isolation level in every transaction, instead of using "set
	session characteristics". Anyway, now it works with a backend
	built from current CVS and the behaviour is JDBC compliant.

	I also extended the test case by changing the isolation level
	before beginning a transaction and verifying it inside the
	transaction.

	Regards,
	Ren? Pijlman

pgsql-committers by date