From: "postgresql" <pgsql(at)symcom(dot)com>
To: "PgSQL-SQL" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2001-09-06 17:11:30
Lists: pgsql-sql

I am basically self taught with sql. I find that I keep re-reading the
postgresql tutorials tryin to add a little more to my understanding.

so my question is... Is this the best way to word this querry?
I have two tables, fc_client_info and fc_communication. I keep reading
the section on JOINs and wonder if I should querry this differently. for
some reason I have been shying away from JOINs (I haven't figures them
out).

SELECT i.cname FROM fc_client_info i, fc_communication c WHERE i.acode =
c.acode AND c.contactdate = '09/06/2001' ORDER BY lower(cname);

Thank for your great software.... I am really beginning to like SQL...

Ted