ILIKE + OR fault - propably a memory leak

From: Michał Pasternak <doc(at)lublin(dot)t1(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ILIKE + OR fault - propably a memory leak
Date: 2001-09-06 10:25:24
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello,

this is very severe condition. I hope, that PostgreSQL team can correct it.
I can provide any additional information you need, including whole database
or a shell account for testing on my host.

It appears to work on 7.1.2 and 7.1.3 on FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE. It is fully
repeatable bug.

This is our base query:
SELECT bib.id,tytul_or,title,new_zrodlo,new_zrodlo_src,
szczegoly,uwagi,zapisani,zrodla.skrot as zsk
FROM BIB,zrodla,ztable
WHERE bib.id=ztable.id and bib.new_zrodlo=zrodla.id and ...

Those work:
TITLE ILIKE 'Ocena%';
TYTUL_OR ILIKE 'Ocena%';
TITLE LIKE 'Ocena%';
TYTUL_OR LIKE 'Ocena%';

But this doesn't (and I need it to work):

TYTUL_OR ILIKE 'Ocena%' OR TITLE LIKE 'Ocena%';
TYTUL_OR LIKE 'Ocena%' or TITLE LIKE 'Ocena%';

Please, authors of PostgreSQL - contact me on my private mailbox if you want
me to send you additional information, as stated above.

I think, it's a severe bug in PostgreSQL. Please, review it carefully -
you're my only hope...
--
[ Michal Pasternak doc(at)lublin(dot)t1(dot)pl +48606570000 ]
[ sklepy internetowe, bazy danych, programy na zamówienie ]